Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Party

Two of them, actually.  First, a PDXWiT happy hour at a place that does mapping.

They scan the ground with a camera and processor (from an airplane I presume) and it uses lidar to produce maps with contour lines on the fly.











Slipped out of that early, just after the speechifying started, and headed across Burnside to the satellite UO campus, to see the culmination of a journalism class project - a series of short films about various pedestrians in Portland.  A variety of classes, colors, and locations, and a couple of people that I recognized from seeing them on the street.  I was watching the backgrounds, trying to place each location, when I suddenly recognized MCC, shot from the bus stop that I seldom use anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment