Saturday, March 10, 2018

Georgetown Steam Plant, Seattle





Just like yesterday, I caught a train and a bus to Georgetown, this time to meet a huge group of sketchers at the old steamplant, backed up against Boeing Field.









There was an immense amount of machinery inside the plant.  To keep from getting overwhelmed, I perched myself beside one of the giant flywheels and used it to frame the scene, seeing, mostly, the next flywheel over, and a shifting group of people playing with toy steam engines.  Like my brothers and I had when we were kids.











Then I looked to my right and did a... whatever this thingy is.













Unkinked myself and found the stairs to the second floor.  And a corridor between the fireboxes.  One woman had sat down in the only beam of sun in the place and was intent on sketching.

Finally, I went outside into the chilly sun and did one last sketch of Rainier, with the tailfin of a 767 in front of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment