Saturday, August 8, 2020

Day 148, now in Perl

Yep, I broke down and ported my bash script to perl.  That made the math a sight more elegant.  Also, I used the Time::Local library, which let me do date arithmetic to automagically figure out the number of says since we went into lockdown, and Image::Magick, which let me create, manipulate, display and save images, without having to construct and call the convert command.

I got it working, producing exactly the same image as the last bash script.  And then started adding randomizations, fiddling with the size of the inner circle and the amount that the origin and the rotation move.  And then also randomized the gravity.  Tried a few of those, and then removed the center gravities, as producing images that were too muddy.

Ran the script several times until I got an image that I liked.  Gravity:West, radius:43, advancement:0.1 radians, rotation: 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment