Sunday, March 22, 2020

Virtual art meet-up

Mary tried a virtual meet-up today, to replace our normal meeting at the art museum, which is closed.

Today's challenge came from a quarantine art club on instagram.  It was to pick something mundane, something extraordinary, and some garb and mash them together.  So I did Aramis, with a lion's tail, and a surgical mask.


That took all of ten minutes, so I went looking for something else to draw.  And saw Ollie sitting up on the hill in the backyard.  She kept moving though, and eventually saw me through the window and ran down to ask for love.


And then I sneaked out the back door to see if I could snag one of Barbara's fallen red camellia blossoms to bring inside.  No, her front yard was still filled with men and ladders.  But I noticed a broken branch on one of my camellia's (Did it come that way, or was it hit by a flying shingle?) and brought that in instead.








No comments:

Post a Comment