Sunday, August 25, 2019

PAM

Regular sketching day at the art museum.  But it was a free day, in conjunction with Sunday Parkways, and we were going to avoid the crowds by meeting outside.

I got there a bit early, and did a sketch of a sculpture that was the meeting place while waiting for people to arrive.


Today's challenge was to incorporate water into our sketch.  Not literal water, which left off walking down to one of the fountains, but virtual water.  Making something that wasn't water into water, or adding water where it really wasn't.

So I decided to redo the sketch that I'd already done as mer-people.  As a continuous line drawing.  But while in the middle of that, forgot that I was going to give them fish tails.
So I did a third sketch, with tails.

And then just one of the giant flowers in the courtyard, with a waterfall issuing from it.

Then I walked around the museum and did one more quick one, of the tree in front of the old Y building.

No comments:

Post a Comment