Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New Year's Eve

To celebrate New Year's Eve I walked to Good Sam, and then spent the last night of 2018 riding the rails, bouncing between four different streetcars and four different MAX trains, sketching.  This year, people were subdued and not partying on the trains.  Some were on their way to parties - they were carrying guitars or wearing party hats, and some women had no coats (and it was 37 out!) - but none were talkative and very few seemed to be very happy.  Most simply fiddled with their phones.


I didn't make it all the way to midnight, heading for home around 11pm.  The MAXes were supposed to run late tonight, but the streetcars were starting to fold up.  The last two I was on were on their last trips, heading for the barn.  One was an A, that hopped onto the NS tracks and dropped me off at 14th.  And the other picked me up there and took me as far as Good Sam before going to the barn on its eastbound leg.




















No comments:

Post a Comment