Friday, August 31, 2018

TBA - Habitus

Huge draperies of parachute silk (actually tyvek) hung from the rafters of the old police horse paddock.  Near to each one was a pulley, with a couple of what looked like bell ropes.  The nice volunteer explained that they were actual bell-ropes, salvaged from churches.  So I made like a bellringer tolling a peel, getting the nearest parachute thing to start rotating.  And she panicked, cause I wasn't supposed to pump it more than once.

The model of the city that used to be in the basement of the Portland building was set up in the midst of all the draperies.

I sat down to sketch one of the draperies.  More or less.  It kept blowing this way and that in the wind, so all I could do was an impression of my memory of what it had been doing at one particular instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment