Saturday, April 7, 2018

PAM

Yet another sketching group.  (Which might fold into the local chapter of urban sketchers)  We met at the art museum.  We were going to meet outside, and then switched to meeting inside, in the face of the predicted monster storm.

But the day started out sunny and warm, so I started out outside, doing one of the sculptures in front of the museum.  But from the back, so it was difficult to make out exactly what the shapes were.
It was still dry when I finished that, but the wind had picked up, so I shifted to the sculpture garden.  I bought a coffee and a scone and then sat down at one of the outside tables and sketched a couple of flower pots, playing around with different brushes to add splotches of color.

Then, from the same spot,  I started a study in shading.  That quickly turned into a study on reflections, and how rain runs down a vertical surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment